Monday, January 2, 2017

Puncha-puncha

The phrase "Puncha-puncha" appears several times in all three of my novels.  I'm not sure there is even such a term such as Puncha-puncha, but it sure comes in handy for a humorous way of referring to delicate subject of human interaction.  My first exposure to the phase appeared when I was eavesdropping on a conversation between a group of my father's Rockdale male relatives.  As I recall it was a heated discussion about two brothers dating the same girl.  The conversation ended when one of the brothers said, "Look, she went with you for lovie-dovie.  She went with me for the puncha-puncha."

I have not photos for this post, but I'll add an excerpt from SLOGANS: Our Children Our Future in which Stepha learns about the facts of life.
* * *

Kolya stopped his search and went to Stepha's side.  Nikki saw them doing puncha-puncha.”

Puncha-puncha?  What's that?

Kolya rolled his eyes.  Puncha-puncha.  You know, like what Kokolov's bull did to your mother's cow.”  Kolya bent his elbow and thrust his fist back and forth several times.  Puncha-puncha.
***
When asked why he didn't have sex scenes in his novels, a well-know author was said to have stated, "What do I know about sex scenes? I'm a married man." So for me puncha-puncha will do just fine.

1 comment: